Monday, November 5, 2012

boys aren't men.


Okay.. this has been on my mind for quite a little while. (and no, this isnt about anyone specific)

Boys:

Please, please, please grow up and start being men.

Quit saving your money to buy that new video game poster.

..and please stop spening 1000 dollars on snowboard passes when you are trying to pay for college.

Please stop running around with your homies doing illegal things because YOLO.

Please please please please stop telling girls that you just wanna 'have fun' and 'date around' and that you arent 'ready for a commitment because you don't know what you want'. (RAGE)

Please stop leading us on and pretending you care just for your own enjoyment and to be a 'playa'.

 Please stop talking about your sweet ride and the rims you are about to purchase

... and your perfectly gelled hair.

Please give up that band that is getting nowhere because you live in UTAH.

Please stop with the name brands and all those stupid rvca and volcom shirts

and PLEASE for the love of pete, stop talking about how much iron you pumped at the gym yesterday. i dont care if you can bench press me! as long as i weigh less than you, we're cool.

But guess what? It doesnt matter. AT ALL. Not now and not ever.


A girl cares about some things in a MAN:

ambition.
drive.
work ethic.
spirit.
selflessness.
personality.
politeness.
character.
values.
..and being a GROWN UP.


....not those silly things i listed at the beginning.


I'd like for a man to open my car door for me, focus on the important things in life, actually want a family someday and pull his head out of his butt before he is 47 and sitting on his mothers couch eating cheetos.

ya know.. it'd be a plus if the man i end up with looks exactly like Ryan Gosling..but if not, I will be so completely happy with my MAN and not a boy that i wish were a man. does that make sense?


and mind you, i am working to become a woman..not a silly little girl.
(sorry that this was a rant from a silly girl...obv i have some work to do..)
but FREAK i'd just like to pass a man on the street someday.. have him be polite and kind and gentle but strong and say....hmm. now thats a man.

abracadabra, get into my life.

k bye.

4 comments:

Spratt said...

This is a really good post, Nicole!
I've thought a lot about this same idea over the years.
Once again, I find it interesting how similar we are. :)

Most of my life, I've tried really hard to develop the "manly" qualities you listed.
Often I have been frustrated as it appears that most girls don't seem to appreciate these qualities.
I've had so many experiences where a girl I like has turned me down, and then gone of and dated some other "boy". I think that girls find "men" boring, and "boys" exciting.
Sometimes I wonder if I need to be more of a "boy" in order to get the attention that I want...but that isn't really me.
I guess I will just keep waiting to find a woman that appreciates real men.

kenzis said...

A freaking men! Get it-amen, but a freaking men..hehe

ShaylaRae said...

This is the BEST post I've ever read. Imabout to post it on fb so all the stupid BOYZ can start thinking about this too! Also, you know I know exactly what caused this post, and I def lol'd at some of those boy things.

Melissa Wilding said...

This is far too true.. It's sad, but it needs to be said. Amen, sista