Monday, March 16, 2009

Happy Day to the...Leprechauns.

So, i love holidays. Maybe this one is my least favorite? Maybe..because in kindergarten..Mrs. Wheeler and Mrs. Smith combined classes for a little St. Patty's scavenger hunt.. fun, right? wrong. At the end of the little scavenger hunt, the freaking leprechaun was supposed to be found under some rock or something by the pebble pit, (a popular and common hang out for the kindergarteners). I was absolutely TERRIFIED and lagged around the back of the line, so I wouldn't have to see the little varmint runnin around. I seriously was sooo scared that he was gonna see me and like, go for my neck or something. Isnt it sort of a creepy idea? a tiny little irish man runnin around and pinchin ya if you don't wear green? Uh, way creepy.
Also, maybe I'm scared of leprechauns because on this one tv show.. the leprechaun was absolutely SO evil and tried to murder anyone and their families who touched his gold. LOOK AT HIS FACE FOR CRYING OUT LOUD.
leprechaun Pictures, Images and Photos
I dont know. I wish i could get over it. If i saw a real live leprechaun, i would get my broom and beat it till it was immobilized. Really.
The only other memory i have of something St. Patty-ish.. is me and my friends used to look for four-leaf clovers in the field at glenmoor. That field is huge. and i found TONS. and they werent even lucky.. they shrivelled up after like, 3 days. I was weird.
Maybe i just don't understand the celebration of this day? Maybe its more fun if youre irish. Or maybe its just an excuse for people to go to pubs and get smashed.
leprechaun Pictures, Images and Photos
Anyway..uhh..Happy St. Patrick's day.

6 comments:

KB said...

I always pictured leprechauns as being fairy sized... so I always searched for them. Year round. I liked them.

cole linnae said...

Freak.

jackie herself said...

hahahahaaha. i totally remember you being SO SCARED to go to school that day...

Tami said...

wasn't that from 'honey i shrunk the kids' ...the TV show? Cause that episode was FREAKY.

cole linnae said...

yes! freaaakkky!

itsjustmom said...

ha ha ha ha