Monday, December 13, 2010

mr. hanks.

i have no idea where the quote is from that i posted a while back...the one about a lifetimes worth of talk? ya know what i'm talkin about?.. but i love it.. so much. it makes me think of the most tender memories i have of my favorite patients... ann and russell. that quote encompasses what i want in my life. a lifetimes worth of talk.


anyways, latelys been rough.
but i remembered this tonight and it made me feel a little better though.
and i've loved this quote for so long..

 i watched cast away annnnd when tom hanks comes home from the island and finds out his fiancee who thought he was dead was married to a dentist, annnnd this is what he monologued to his buddy:

"And that's when this feeling came over me like a warm blanket. I knew, somehow, that I had to stay alive. Somehow. I had to keep breathing. Even though there was no reason to hope. And all my logic said that I would never see this place again. So that's what I did. I stayed alive. I kept breathing. And one day my logic was proven all wrong because the tide came in, and gave me a sail. And now, here I am. I'm back. In Memphis, talking to you. I have ice in my glass... And I've lost her all over again. I'm so sad that I don't have Kelly. But I'm so grateful that she was with me on that island. And I know what I have to do now. I gotta keep breathing. Because tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"

thanks mr. hanks.


(Anaehoomalu bay on the big island. ahh. i miss it.)

1 comment:

Christy said...

I really love this. Why have I never seen cast away all the way through...?